Oelrichs Land Co. Oelrichs, South Dakota circa 1909 Photo on Board
Photo is 4 x 5 inches on 6 x 7 decorated bevel edged mount with no back stamp but extensive annotations in pen. Light rubbing to the silver gel photo with mild rubbing and soiling to mount. Remnant of label on verso. Very Good Condition.
Oelrichs is a very small community southeast of Hot Springs, just north of the Nebraska Stateline, in Fall River County, South Dakota. Founded in 1885, this photo was taken circa 1909 showing a wood building with porch and boardwalk. The annotations notes the building was formally the Swallow Hotel. Four people are identified as Mr. Barker, Bess Ellis Barker, W.K. Thomas and John Drake.
The Oelrichs Land Company rans short ads in the Hot Springs Weekly Star from 1906-1909. Item #892